The Power of the Net is Connect and
How to - Create Member Collaboration List for Order History, Order Tracking, Rma...
This is only one collaboration of many Net Collaborations that Office Collaboration can do.
INTRODUCTION - WHAT IS MEMBER COLLABORATION
Member Collaboration is tasks you want members to do, act, collaborate on something that acts on data and information that you created when they login Member Home.
Collaboration Tasks are Update Account Info. Update Password. Add extra Address. Add New Referral. Add New Partner. Give Donation. List Order History. Check Promotion. Pay Invoice Payment...
You can find Member Collaboration in almost e-commerce, e-business website. For example, you login your Mobile Phone Service Provider, or you e-commerce website like Dell to Update Your Account. Change Password. Check Your Order Invoice List. Pay Your Bill....
To create or design Member Collaboration is not easy even for pro-web programming developers. But in this tutorial, we will show you step by step you can do without any web programming skill.
HOW TO DEFINE AND CREATE MEMBER COLLABORATION
To create a Member Collaboration, you need to define its 4 main components. A Member Collaboration is made up by 4 important components:
1) Member Collaboration Source - The collaboration database table
- It is the database table that stores all info and data for this collaboration. It could be any database table you must create, like Tbl_AddNewReferral, or pre-built database like Invoice or Customer.
For example, Member Collaboration = Update My Account uses pre-built database Customer, because this Customer database stores all information relating to member's account and information.
• Member Collaboration = Check Order List uses pre-built database Invoice, because this Invoice database stores all information relating to member's Invoices and Orders information.
• Member Collaboration = Add New Referrals uses for Members add their Referrals or their Partners for your business.
Sometimes they love your products. Bought and become your members. But, because they are busy, or far away, or sometimes you don't know them face-to-face. Therefore, this Member Collaboration you create for your fans, your members refer their friends and family to your business. In this case, you need to create a new database table in order to store all Referrals of your members.
2) Member Collaboration Key - It is the Email of the collaboration database table.
It is the EMAIL field of the collaboration database table. Thus, when creating a database table, you must make sure there is including an EMAIL field in the table.
Why? Because EMAIL is unique, and used as an login ID for that member. No login member has the same email. No one in the world that has the same email with someone' else. Right? Thus, it is used as Member Collaboration Key to distinguish between members John Smith and David Smith, or John Smith in USA and John Smith in Canada. It is different with Primary Key of the table that is used to distinguish between records. The only collaboration table you create that don't need Member Collaboration Key is when you create Collaboration Task = Broadcast. For example, you create a table pub_promotion for all members login will see the same promotion: In December Shipping Is Free. In this case, you don't need EMAIL field in this table. But if you have EMAIL, still ok.
3) Member Collaboration Attributes - The fields of the collaboration database table.
It is the fields or columns of the collaboration table, the data you want members to collaborate, to act on their info.
• You can change the fields Member Collaboration Attributes by editing table x_property that stores all property of this collaboration.
4) Member Collaboration Task - The Action, the collaboration that members do.
Every time, you want members to do, to act or to collaborate some tasks with you. Such as: Update Member Account Profile, Update Password, List Order History, Update Delivery Address, Add extra Address, Upload Files, Photos. Pay Bill. We define some Member Collaboration Tasks: Broadcast, List, View, Edit (or Update), Upload, Form, Pay bill, Add.
WHAT IS MEMBER COLLABORATION LIST
Member Collaboration List lets members, when login, can see the list of all database records (more than one) that are related to them. The List relationship is One-to-Many between member and the database. Which means one member has many records in that database.
For example, you want to have the List of History Order Invoices in database x_invoice, the List of Order Tracking in database x_invoice, the List of Rma Tracking in database Rma...
• The Company needs 2 important Lists.
• A List of History of Order Invoices so that when member logins can see their order status. From this List of Invoice Orders, member can interact, collaborate with Sales Staffs. For the orders that have STATUS = quote, will list on the List of Order History so that members can order the quote from the list as well.
• A List of Order Invoice Tracking that lets members track when the order shipping arrives.
There is no in-house web developers available. Your online orders are increasing. Can you do?
Yes, We Can. Learn myNet.Office. Take control. Let's Get Started.
|CREATE MEMBER COLLABORATION FOR LIST OF HISTORY ORDER INVOICES|
We designed for easy to do. You will surprised how easy to
create. You can do it in just 10 minutes. Here is the step by
Like other Member Collaboration, to create a collaboration, first you must analyze or ask questions:
Understanding what you want for each Member Collaboration Components: the Task, the Attributes, and the Database, for this case the List of Order History.
|USE MEMBER COLLABORATION
MANAGER TO CHANGE OR EDIT MEMBER COLLABORATION
Member Collaboration Manager
To modify the Member Collaboration Attribute, for example, let's say you don't want to display the SHIPPING_PRIORITY and change it for INVOICE_DATE. Or change the name from Order_History = Order_List_History. Or change its Title...Use Member Collaboration Manager. See above picture.
|THE RESULT OF MEMBER
OF HISTORY OF ORDER INVOICES
A member logins his account [Member Home]. -> Click on [Order_History] menu from the left column will display this Order History List.
Picture: This login member clicks Order History from the left menu, will list all his own order invoices total = 19 orders including Get Quote.
Field SHIPPING: D = Delivery- P = Pickup.
Picture: Member Collaboration -> List -> Invoice Order History List
MEMBER COLLABORATION LIST FEATURES
• The List is a scrolling list Thus 1000 invoices are displayed only 10 at a time. Thus load faster. Select how many records [ 5,10,20, 50,100, 1000 ] to display per page. Default is 10.
• The Left Member Menu is the menu list of all Member Collaboration Tasks. The name of the task Order_History is automatically created as a menu with pre-set icon created.
• Click on the left Member Menu Order History will run this screen. Click [Order?] to order Get Quote.
• Click on the little arrow will display details the order of this invoice like 169, such as Qty, Price, Description.
• The Sales Staff logins website as Admin -> myNet.Dbase > Open the invoice 169 in database x_invoice, enter in SALES_NOTE field in order to communicate with member regarding to the order.
• Member clicks on email icon to send email. Click on [Order?] button to order the quote.
CREATE MEMBER COLLABORATION
LIST FOR ORDER TRACKING
What is Order Tracking List?
Order Tracking List is used for members to track the status of their shipping. There are 3 important fields can't be missed in Order Tracking List.
1) DATE_ETA = Date Estimate Time Arrival for the shipping- This is the Date field that the Admin Sale Staff must manually open the invoice record, example 169, then enter the ETA Date to inform member. Example, 2009-01-5. The Sales Staff can always change the DATE_ETA.
2) DATE_SHIPPED = The Date of the invoice has been shipped - This is the Date field that the Admin Sale Staff must manually open the invoice record, example 169, in database x_invoice, then enter. Example, 2009-01-2.
3) TRACKING_NO = The tracking number from shipping company - that the Admin Sale Staff must manually open the invoice record, example 169, in database x_invoice, then enter. Example, TKN#219000POR
4) ADD EXTRA FIELDS IN INVOICE DATABASE = Every business, that we worked, has different way of doing their business. myNet.Office is design for FLEXIBLE. You can add more fields into the invoice database x_invoice. No problems. Your Sales Staffs then login as Admin, enter what ever data you want to collaborate with members. For example, you may add extra fields like WAYBILLS, DRIVER, SHIPPING_COMPANY, SHIPPING_NOTES ... Currently the x_invoice has about 40 fields. Maximum is 64 fields.
NOTE: To add extra field, myNet.Dbase opens the database x_invoice. -> From right column, select ACTION = ADD A COLUMN -> Follow its easy steps.
BY STEPS, LET'S DO THE LIST OF ORDER TRACKING
Login as Admin. -> Use myNet.Dbase to open the invoice database = x_invoice. The select invoice= 169. Then manually enter data in these fields:
1) DATE_ETA = 2009-01-05
2) DATE_SHIPPED = 2009-01-02
3) TRACKING_NO = UBS-2190023
Use Member Collaboration Tool
THE RESULT OF MEMBER COLLABORATION LIST
TRACKING ORDER FOR INVOICE 169
Member logins, click on left menu = Order_Tracking. The list displays.
Picture: The List of Order_Tracking.
- Member knows what date the shipping will arrive, the shipped date, the tracking number, the sales notes, the delivery address. If any question, this member can click on email icon to send email to the Sales Person. A peace of mind for both member and Sales Staff. It saves time. Customer Service is better.
NOTE: You can add more fields into the invoice database, such as field = DELIVERY_NOTE. Then update with member the status of shipping.
• To use Member Collaboration List, make sure the listing table has EMAIL field. And Member has relation 1-to-Many with List. Which means each member has at least 1 records.
- Because EMAIL is used as login ID for that member. List uses EMAIL to distinguish private records of each members. For example, in ORDER HISTORY LIST, each member has email field in table x_invoice in order to know which invoice is belonging to whom. Therefore, when the member with email = email@example.com login, the List will list all invoices that has John's email.
There are many applications of Member Collaboration List:
• Use List to list all promotions or coupons of each member. Member logins will receive his/her coupon or promotion.
- For example, you create a table named tbl_coupon. Make sure this table has EMAIL field. Then you enter different coupon for different members. Then select what fields or Member Collaboration Attributes you want to display. When member logins will see his own coupon. If you want to promote some thing for all members, then use Broadcast.
• Use List to setup ORDER TRACKING, which is listing invoices of table x_invoice the fields like ETA, DATE_SHIP, SHIPPING_PRIORITY, TRACKING_NO... for each member to view.
• Use List to list any thing in any table that you want each member to view.
• List Order History and List Order Tracking are the most important Member Collaborations. To design the List of Order History, List of Tracking Order is not easy task if you are non-web skills, or web designer. But myNet.Office has designed for easy to use, in such an easy way that you can do it by yourself.
Copy Rights @ Net Thru. All Rights reserved.